"Cambremer" Cambremer by ranger49
Cambremer Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 38 photos
We fell in love with this typical village, on the Cider Route of the Pays d'Auge, as soon as we approached it and drove into the main street.
It was so colourful and seemed a vibrant place to live with much evidence of an active community.
One of the things we noticed as we looked in the shop windows - and there were plenty of shops of all kinds - was that every window was displaying an old photo of village scenes from 40 -50 years ago. In this village quiz residents were asked to explain what the picture was about and name any person they recognised .Answers would be given at of an exhibition of old photographs and post cards in the Tithe Barn aimed at keeping the past alive
Here you will find the Church and Town Hall on opposite sides of the square to the Bar Cafe Tabac with the tourist information office next door.
Avery nice place to sit and watch the world go by over a cup of coffee surrounded by the lovely village floral displays.
Quite a large, but simple, church for a small village which would have served the parishioners from the outlying farms and tiny hamlets. This photograph was taken from the Grange aux dîmes where they would all have come to pay their tithes.
- In a nutshell:A picturesque, lived in village.
This could be the place where we might have had the best meal of our holiday. It was highly recommended by previous... more travel advice
This was not our first choice of restaurant but after seeing how busy the most highly rated restaurant in the village... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Cambremer Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cambremer
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Cambremer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambremer
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue