"Crevecoeur-en-Auge" Crèvecoeur-en-Auge by ranger49
Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 58 photos
The picture above is of the War Memorial in the village just before the busy cross roads.
Two busy roads - the D613 from Caen, going east to Liseux, and the D16 from the coast south to Falaise meet the the traffic lights in Crevecoeur-en-Auge.
We arrived on a cloudy Saturday afternoon, there were few people about - perhaps they were among the crowds we had just passed at the Chateau where a special Heritage Day event was taking place!
First impressions were a little disappointing - there was none of the "oo-ah" appeal of so many Normandie villages. Many closed down shops and empty houses - planning blight or symptom of recession ?
But we had been told beforehand about the excellent boucherie, boulangerie and epicerie so stopped to stock up
for the weekend.
Our spirits were lifted by the warm welcome and friendly smiles of the shopkeepers!
Fortunately we did not have any mechanical or electrical problems with our car but this garage looked the kind of place that could tackle anything.
My husband recognised the logo displayed as the one our own local garages is affiliated to -a Europe wide association.
Along this row, is part of the high street it is set higher up. Enter from the War memorial or opposite the Cheval Blanc Logis Hotel, and you will find a small but very well stocked Alimentation, Chez Rolande. They always have a good selection of fruit and vegetables - usually displayed outside. There is also a hair dressing salon .
Opposite,on the High St , is the Boucherie Charcuterie of David Jounot, a good old style traditional shop; move on towards the traffic lights and come to the excellent boulangerie/patisserie run by the amiable Mme LePere - who has yet to be seen without a friendly smile!
On the opposite corner, at the lights the Maison de la Presse and bar tabac. This was closed during most of our stay for Annual Holidays.
Next door a very simple looking cafe/restaurant.
And that was about all the visible " commerces" more than adequate to meet every day needs.
- Pros:Perfect location and base for touring this area
- Cons:Not for swingers and night clubbers
- In a nutshell:Lovely rustic base to explore Pays d'Auge
As you travel along the pretty winding roads of the Pays d’Auge you will not go far before coming to a village. As you... more travel advice
Driving past the local cemetery one Sunday afternoon we spotted on the gate post the familiar plaque indicating that a... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- Hotels in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- Restaurants in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- See All...
Explore the World
- Costa Rica Hotels
- Lago di Como
- Mo i Rana
- State of Kerala Hotels
- Malapascua Island Hotels
- Lago Albano
- Wellington Hotels
- Backbone State Park Hotels
- Antelope Island
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Pine Hills Hotels
Badges & Stats in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- 9 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Crèvecoeur-en-Auge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- Posted in Travel Sochi Forum "Re: Has anybody received their..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Crèvecoeur-en-Auge travel pages
- updated a Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Travel Page "Crevecoeur-en-Auge"
- Wrote a Review Discover the Petites Mairies du Pays d'Auge in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Castle and medieval dwelling"
Photos in Crèvecoeur-en-AugeSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue