"Ebersmunster" Ebersmunster by ranger49
Ebersmunster Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 42 photos
The picturesque village of Ebersmunster is in the Bas-Rhin department of the Alsace region, between Strasbourg and Colmar. The streets are lined with typical timbered houses painted in a mixture of pastel and strong colours, decorated with tubs and baskets of flowers. A small stream flows beside the attractive village inn. which looked loke a good place to stop for lunch.
I knew that the church stood on the site of a former Benedictine Abbey and that it was built in the early C18th in the style of Alsatian Baroque art.
As we approached it down the village street neither of us was quite prepared for for the sight of the onion-shaped domes atop the steeples.
After lunch we spent some time in the church and strolled round the village but had no time to linger any longer. Sadly we failed to keep our intention to return during the week hence the shortage of photographs.
We thought this looked a good place to have lunch - it may have been the only place as we saw no other in the village.... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Ebersmunster Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ebersmunster
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Ebersmunster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ebersmunster
Photos in EbersmunsterSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue