Grandcamp Maisy Local Custom Tips by ranger49
Grandcamp Maisy Local Customs: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Normandy is a very "horsey" region, and wherever you go you will not be far away from some kind of equitation activity.
If you holiday here and like to ride you will almost certainly find some stables nearby. There are numerous studs and the area is famous for breeding race horses.
A local past time/hobby/obsession is a sport known as Trotting ( also very popular in Wales where it seems to be known as Rasus)
Horses trot at speed pulling a small cart controlled by its owner. We had noticed posters advertising a forthcoming Event and every morning at low tide Trotters and their horse and carts could be seen doing speed test runs up and down the beach.
You had to be quick to get a picture as the speeds got faster and before the tide came in!
More Reviews (11)
ranger49's Related Pages
Grandcamp Maisy Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Grandcamp Maisy
- Hotels in Grandcamp Maisy
- Restaurants in Grandcamp Maisy
- See All...
Explore the World
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Grand Cayman Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Addis Ababa Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Adyar Hotels
- Laoag City
- Beijing Hotels
- La Spezia
- Ottawa Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Palm Springs Hotels
- Bradford Hotels
Badges & Stats in Grandcamp Maisy
- 12 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Grandcamp Maisy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grandcamp Maisy
- Posted in Travel Argelès-sur-Mer Forum "Re: Looking for an apartment"
- updated a Grandcamp Maisy Travel Page "GRANDCAMP-MAISY IS NOW THE PLACE TO BE"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Memorial to crews of Heavy Bomber Command"
- Wrote a Review Memorial to crews of Heavy Bomber Command in Grandcamp Maisy Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue