"The D-Day Landings and Route of Objectiv un Port" Quinéville by ranger49
Quinéville Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Quineville is a small seaside resort on the eastern coast of the Cotentin, only a few kilometres from Sainte-Mere-Eglise and Utah Beach.
It is on the route to Cherbourg and was in the thick of the Battle "Objectiv un Port" as the Allied forces pushed northwards to regain Cherbourg after D-Day in June 1944.
It is now on the route taken by many holiday visitors who arrive by ferry in Cherbourg. We have stopped off there several times, usually at low season when there are few people about, just long eenough for a coffee and a walk along the beach.
There is a small hotel-restaurant-cafe -bar tabac; another coffee and ice cream cafe near the beach, a couple of shops, some holiday homes - and The Museum.
The sandy beach would keep young children happy for hours but I suspect that many parents will have chosen this little town as a holiday base from which to visit the Landing Beaches and Museums along the coast.
The Museum here will particularly appeal to children - of all ages.
ranger49's Related Pages
Quinéville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The D-Day Landings and Route of Objectiv un Port"
- Create a Quinéville Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Quinéville
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (163)
Have you been to Quinéville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quinéville
Photos in QuinévilleSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue