"Roscoff - more than a just a Ferry Port!" Roscoff by ranger49
Roscoff Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 152 photos
We have travelled to and from France many times via Roscoff spending only enough time there to disembark and head off for our onward route or to arrive in time to embark for our homeward ferry crossing to Plymouth.
Nice place, we thought, would like a bit longer here to explore.
So we booked two nights in a small hotel before our return sailing at the end of July. What a delightful two days it turned out to be - perfect weather and a pretty, fascinating little town of narrow streets, coastal walks, pavement cafes and decent resturants.
It was while I was perusing VT Hotel Tips that I came across the Roscoff pages of VT Member John Gayton. I am indebted to him for some of the things we found to do there - particularly the Chapelle de Ste. Barbe and the wonderful views that are to be seen from there.
So - Many Thanks John! We will stop there again!
The Hydrangea is the Flower of Brittany and throughout our two week stay we had seen them everywhere.
Here, around the Church yard the flowers were just beginning to fade but still made a lovely display.
It was thanks to John Gayton 's VT Tip that we made our way up here - a promontory between the town/fishing harbour and the ferry harbour.
The white walls of the little chapel still act as a marker for sailors.
There are lovely views from here over toward the town, the fishinh harbour and - look the other way - towards the deep harbour at Bloscon from which Brittany Ferries leave.
If asked -Which vegetable do you use more of than any other? the first to come to mind would be Onions. So versatile, so... more travel advice
We went for awalk after our meal on the night before our early morning departure back to Plymouth. It was a calm and... more travel advice
ranger49's Related Pages
Roscoff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Roscoff in June"
- "The Gateway To Brittany (Revisited)"
- "Roscoff - more than a just a Ferry Port!"
- "Roscoff - Point of entry to Brittany."
- "Roscoff - a little gem"
- "Don't make the same mistake we did!"
- "ROSCOFF - Day Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roscoff
- Hotels in Roscoff
- Transportation in Roscoff
- Restaurants in Roscoff
- Shopping in Roscoff
- Warnings and Dangers in Roscoff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roscoff
- 7 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Roscoff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roscoff
Photos in RoscoffSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue