"A seaside treasure in Normandy" Trouville-sur-Mer by ranger49
Trouville-sur-Mer Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos
We "found" Trouville early on in our travels to Normandy. I do not have a date for this photograph but from memory, and judging by the newspaper headlines, it was probably 1986 - most likely sometime around Easter time because we often went to France during the school holiday.
Trouville was the place we most often headed to for our morning coffee, with a daily newspaper, at Les Vapeurs before doing our essential shopping. We fell in love with the town because it was, and still is, a real working town that tourism has slotted comfortanby in alongside .
Less "nose in the air" than its neighbour Deauville it hs a good shopping, a fish market on the quay, casino and more.
And nowadays, unfortunately, far too much more traffic pasing through the town.
Lovely sandy beaches with boardwalks with cafes and bars, behind you can see glimpses of those grand houses of the particular style known as Normandy seaside, or Balneo architecture to be seen along so much of the Normandy coast.
Here Parisians and British visitors joined others from all over Europe who came to enjoy the sea air and waters at the tirn of the 19th century.
Still a very popular destination and very busy during the Deauville American Film Festival held every year in September Trouville has something for everybody.
ranger49's Related Pages
Trouville-sur-Mer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Past Glory Revival"
- "Where Churchill May Have Bought His Fish"
- "Twin cities"
- "A seaside treasure in Normandy"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trouville-sur-Mer
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Trouville-sur-Mer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trouville-sur-Mer
Photos in Trouville-sur-MerSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (39)
Latest Trouville-sur-Mer hotel reviews
- Residence Maeva Orion Trouville
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 29, 2011