"Another fabulous stop was "Canoa Quebrada"" Estado do Ceará by mulatassanhada

Estado do Ceará Travel Guide: 444 reviews and 1,497 photos

Visiting Ceara, Brazil

Arrived in Fortaleza the capital , rented a car at airport and slept over in town. There were nice restaurants and activities on the beaches of Fortaleza. I had mt best Muqueca de peixe there.
Next day we drove to Jericoacoara.
We stayed in Pousada Portugal in Gipoca and got a dune buggy with driver to take us to Jericoacoara which is over one hour ride over many gorgeous white dunes
The town of Jeri(for short) is a small simple fisherman town which has one sandy main street which offer some shops, mainly of handmade objects of locals, some restaurants, bars, some small bed and breakfast inns. At the end there is a huge expanse of beach and ocan, which remains shalolow for quite some distance then drops into deep ocean with waves. There is a 60 ft. dune to climb up and people go there to watch the sunset go down.
The dunebuggy took us to several other gorgeous locations , but I remember mostly the Lagoa Azul which was a big natural lagoon of fresh water with fishes, where one could swim and sunbathe like on a deserted island.
We spent 2 days in Jeri coming back to sleep in our Pousada just outside of the area. If I had known I would have tried to find an in in town so I could stay in Jeri overnight, but it worked out well becuae the pousada was very quiet, cheap and they found us a nice bufggy driver that made all the difference. I think it cost 80 reais per day and we split it with another foreign couple we met there.

Canoa Quebrada

This townbeach town offered a bit more infra structure, better inns and restaurants and more of them. There were nightspots with live musical shows everynight. The main street wqs of SAND unpaved but still called "Broadway" no less!
Plenty of bars and night life.
Plan a dune buggy tour on the coast and see some fabulous sights, and bring a good camera!

• Pros:Gorgeous weather and dunes and lagoons and beaches.
  • Cons:nobody speaks english or any other language, so could be difficult for foreigners to communicate
  • In a nutshell:Very worth while seeing especially if you are a beach and sun lover!
  • Intro Written Mar 23, 2005

Comments

mulatassanhada

“Enjoy and live life like there is no tomorrow!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Estado do Ceará

Have you been to Estado do Ceará?

Latest Activity in Estado do Ceará