"The Shark Teeth Rock Wall in Northern Norway" Lofoten by ruffen
Lofoten Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 289 photos
Lofoten, the birthplace of my parents and their parents before in generations. Most of my Lofoten tips will be at my Moskenesøya page where I learned to walk at my 1'st birthday - climb big stones (yelling when I couldn't get down) and still tries to visit once a year ( I have to take the plane for 1,5 hours then ferry for 3,5 hours to get there form my home in Oslo ).
Lofoten exist of several Islands.
Late 80's and early 90's they built a lot of bridges and even a long tunnel UNDER one fjord to make the communications at and between the islands better. No more tiny rowboat with low power outboard motor laaaate at night when the last ferry had already made its last trip for the night.
They are still building new bridges. But these are to replace those narrow old bridges.
Some bridge or under-water-tunnel that don't ever never will be built are to the islands at the very west of those already linked together by road, Værøy and Røst.
The main Lofoten Islands are, east to west:
Moskenesøya - My paradise in Lofoten; Reine, Moskenes, Hamnøy, Sørvågen, Å...
Værøy ......here at vt; Varøy....
Hyperlink is to my page about the place!
In Norway we got æ, ø and å as our 3 last letter in the alpabet. (ø in norwegian and danish is the same as ö in swedish, german and turkish)
I'v been a bit frustrated when searching for places with those letters.
Normally æ = ae, ø = oe and å = aa when written in english. But no rule without exceptions....
For you to find these islands type:
Most of these places have tips and reviews written about under Lofoten!!!
Wanna have a look how it looks like in Svolvær and Leknes today?
The lokal newspaper Lofotposten have webcamera placed there.
- Pros:Relatives, fresh fish, high mountains, wild nature, white long beaches, clear sea......
- Cons:All the times i feed the crabs goinge there as a kid (seasick!)
- In a nutshell:Wild and beautiful, even in bad weather :)
Reine... what can I say? Where my dad are from. I was even baptised at Reine. I love the place, no matter the... more travel advice
ruffen's Related Pages
Lofoten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Dream of Lofoten"
- "under construction"
- "Wonderful Lofoten"
- "Welcome to Lofoten Islands!"
- "Lofoten - Storybook Scenery"
- "The Lofoten Islands"
- "The Shark Teeth Rock Wall in Northern Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lofoten
- Hotels in Lofoten
- Transportation in Lofoten
- Nightlife in Lofoten
- Restaurants in Lofoten
- Shopping in Lofoten
- Warnings and Dangers in Lofoten
- See All...
Explore the World
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Klampenborg Hotels
- Herndon Hotels
- Lucca Hotels
- Indian Key Hotels
- Davao City
- Lac de Cap de Long Hotels
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Buxoro Viloyati
- Monkey River Town Hotels
- Slowinski Park Narodowy
Badges & Stats in Lofoten
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Lofoten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lofoten
Photos in LofotenSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sile Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moskenesøya Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Gumusluk Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Barbados Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Phuket Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Turkey Intro, 1 review, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
Latest Lofoten hotel reviews
- Rica Svolvaer Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013