"Interlaken - Lakes, Rivers, Mountains, Trains." Interlaken by adventerrtravel22

Interlaken Travel Guide: 508 reviews and 1,371 photos

Arrival Ost Interlaken

You will arrive at Interlaken train station. The best way to travel in europe. I started from Zurich and ended up in Ost (East) Interlaken. Get the EuroPass. I bought the three day pas which took me from Zurich-Interlaken-Geneva

Interlaken Aare River

A great view looking down stream of Aare Interlaken River on the western side of town.

Yes, even GOD has found this place.

Every town needs it's church. You'll think you were in heaven staying in Interlaken. Breathtaking waterfalls in front of the cobblestone church with the mountains peeking in from behind. This is on the eastern side of Hoheweg street.

• Pros:Spetecular Scenery, Friendly people, Central location for many trips
  • Cons:Small City which could be a good thing
  • In a nutshell:My favorite place to visit. The beauty is unmatched anywhere. Trips via train leave for Jungfrau
  • Last visit to Interlaken: Oct 1996
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 8:29 AM

Hi Terry! Lovely Interalken page, I spent a day there many years ago. Happy birthday from Finland!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 6:03 PM

simply beautiful ! thanks for sharing. : ) p.s. I really enjoyed the bit about your view of the cows from the hotel.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 8:01 AM

Great pictures in your travelogues. Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places I have visited.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 3:32 PM

Wow, from 72 degrees to -2! Those heated bathroom tiles sound pretty decadent : ) I hope I get to see these incredible views for myself someday!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Switzerland's mountains and lakes are beautiful. I've only been to Geneva and Lausanne and I'd like to explore a bit more. Wonderful photos on this page.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 1:28 PM

Lovely photo's,nice area.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 12:48 PM

Great snowy and sunny pics from the Jungfrau region. Greetings from the Swiss Alps ;-)

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 2:45 PM

nice pics! i love the whole jungfrauregion. we visit interlaken almost every year just to see their famous "Firework " evening celebrating the Swiss National Day. Your travelogues are great!

• btex's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 11:22 AM

nice photos of Interlaken. I hope to take another ride on the Jungfrau railways someday. that cow is lucky to live in such a scenic area.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 3:29 PM

Great page and travelogues Terry! Wow, you're just a member and done so much on your pages already! The mountains, the snow, it looks so beautiful! I would love to go here!

adventerrtravel22

“The best part of traveling isn't always the destination, it's the journey getting there.”

Badges & Stats in Interlaken

Have you been to Interlaken?

Latest Activity in Interlaken