"Kota Kinabalu - Land below the wind" Kota Kinabalu by perseushermes
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide: 1,101 reviews and 2,921 photos
This was the place I spent a good deal of my life here. The air is fresh and the seafood is jsut great
This Photo ~ is a birds eye view of what used to be the main administrative heart of Sabah. However, the landscape has change for the better (economically). Now there is the Sutera Harbour resort and many more new development of the area
~ At the extreme left, was the Chief Minister of Sabah office until the Sabah Foundation building became the main admistrative office.
~ The red top building is the state musuem which first timers CANNOT miss this place
~ The top of the photo ~ the coastline of Kota Kinablau which has changed with the Sutera Harbour Resort occupying most of the outlying coastline
~ On the top left and what looks like a white little "stick" protruding out of the little water enclosure, is a monument remembering all those who had died in a tragic plane crash just afer take off on June 6,1976. This was infamously called the "Double Six" crash. The plane was carrying, amongst others, Tun Fuad Stephens, the first Chief Minister of Sabah (this is an "Off the Beaten Path Tourist Tip"!)
Well, occasionally we will have some strong winds blowing a few trees away (that happened years ago) but this is still the place to be for a great holiday.
- Pros:Wonderful air and sea
- Cons:No metered cabs
- In a nutshell:Fun Fun Fun
Climbing Mount Kinabalu may be exciting BUT at 3am (starting the last leg of the climb) you have to be careful. It is... more travel advice
(I did this in 2000 ~ under the Riverbug , this company is now under the name of Traverse Tours) We started from the... more travel advice
perseushermes' Related Pages
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- "Malaysian Borneo"
- "KK (as it is commonly known)"
- "SABAH & KOTA KINABALU"
- "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- "KK Has It All!"
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
- Transportation in Kota Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Kota Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
- Shopping in Kota Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Kinabalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Kinabalu
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: glasses"
- Commented on one of savitha's Kota Kinabalu travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't leave the Rope ~ Climbing Mount Kinabalu"
- Wrote a Review Pub at the Waterfront in Kota Kinabalu Nightlife
- updated a Kota Kinabalu Travel Page "Kota Kinabalu - Land below the wind"
Photos in Kota KinabaluSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jakarta Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ayuthaya Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Alcatraz Island Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos