"Kota Kinabalu - Land below the wind" Kota Kinabalu by perseushermes

Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide: 1,062 reviews and 2,794 photos

This was the place I spent a good deal of my life here. The air is fresh and the seafood is jsut great

This Photo ~ is a birds eye view of what used to be the main administrative heart of Sabah. However, the landscape has change for the better (economically). Now there is the Sutera Harbour resort and many more new development of the area

~ At the extreme left, was the Chief Minister of Sabah office until the Sabah Foundation building became the main admistrative office.
~ The red top building is the state musuem which first timers CANNOT miss this place
~ The top of the photo ~ the coastline of Kota Kinablau which has changed with the Sutera Harbour Resort occupying most of the outlying coastline
~ On the top left and what looks like a white little "stick" protruding out of the little water enclosure, is a monument remembering all those who had died in a tragic plane crash just afer take off on June 6,1976. This was infamously called the "Double Six" crash. The plane was carrying, amongst others, Tun Fuad Stephens, the first Chief Minister of Sabah (this is an "Off the Beaten Path Tourist Tip"!)

Well, occasionally we will have some strong winds blowing a few trees away (that happened years ago) but this is still the place to be for a great holiday.

• Pros:Wonderful air and sea
  • Cons:No metered cabs
  • In a nutshell:Fun Fun Fun
  • Last visit to Kota Kinabalu: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2006

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Interesting...quite interesting. Thanks! Do take your time in browsing my pages...I am also slow in browsing yours...TC!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 11:55 AM

What a beautiful hike! But I heard that it is quite tough because of the temperature drop etc.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Great page .. Lovely photos too. I enjoy my climb did it in 2000 Millenium climber. The best is the Porim hot spring after the climb... hahaha

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 1:15 PM

we didnt climb Mt Kinabalu, but we loved our time in Sabah

• Maximilian21's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 12:50 AM

Love your page here ,sounds like a great adventure. I hope to one day do it as well. one love

perseushermes

“See the world”

Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu

Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?