Seoul Things to Do Tips by perseushermes
Seoul Things to Do: 1,083 reviews and 2,391 photos
Address: Dongdaemun Subway Station
A circle of statues depicting the zodiac. You cannot miss this and not take a photo of it. Something to remember.
Directions: Located behind Gyeonbokgung. Take Subway Line 3 to Gyeonbokgung Station or Anguk Station.
Yes, you may get lost in this maze of a shopping centre. But there are so many information booths manned (more like "Womanned") by the helpful ladies, directing and giving you the information you need. Its best to get a map of all the stores in the shopping centre.
A little warning tho' , the prices here are a bit on the high side. Its not as cheap as Dondaemun and the other places and you definitely cannot bargain.
What to look out for :
(1) the Megabox Cinema ~ its huge
(2) the aquarium (cost about 15000 Won per adult but its worth it)
(3) a huge stationery warehouse!
(4) the bookstore (too bad most of the books are in korean)
Well if this is not your cup of tea, there is always the The War Memorial
Directions: Get on the subway (Line 2 - Green Line) and exit at SamSeong Station (exit 5 & 6)
The Great East Gate market. So whats really great about this market?
Well, lots ~ like all those who have been here. Its a mind boggling market selling anything from shoes to undergarments.
For me, its the SHOES!
I got my shoes from the shoes market (naturally). The price was soooooo good. A pair for 22000 won (after bargaining like a mad fool) which is about US$22.
You can easily get to this place by Subway
Address: Exit Dongdaemun Station (Exit 2)
Directions: If you are at the Doosan Tower, there is an underpass originating from the Doosan Tower (aka DOOTA!) which will lead you out at Heungin Stardom.
Cross the Cheonggye Stream and waalla. The Shoes Market.
This more of a Thing NOT TO DO ................. Its a waste of time!
although the view of the hills is "peaceful"
If your guide insist of pasing through this place and to see where the president lives, you are in for a ride! a really long ride!
Too many restrictions
(1) No photos from the bus
(2) dropped at a designated spot
(3) take photos like every bloody tourist.
(4) cannot wander of from the designated zone
The best of all
(5) You can only take photo of the guest house and not the presidential Blue House only.
You might as well spend time at the Dondaemun Gate or the Korean War Memorial or even the Cleanest River in Town.
Address: Don't Bother
Directions: Really Don't Bother!
More Reviews (7)
perseushermes' Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 12 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City 20 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Jakarta 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Alcatraz Island Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- Gyeongbokgung Palace- 93 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower- 68 Reviews, 167 Photos
- DMZ - DeMilitarized Zone - Tours- 58 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Insa-dong- 38 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Korea House & Namsan Hanok Folk Village- 59 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Deoksugung Palace- 44 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Itaewon Tourist Zone- 20 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Lotte World- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Changdeokgung Palace- 34 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Coex Mall- 13 Reviews, 19 Photos
See All Seoul Things to Do