"Al Kuwait" Kuwait by peaceness98
Kuwait Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 746 photos
Not only did I enjoy Kuwait, i loved it so much I'll go back again (I was told to come in Nov/Dec so I can hit the dessert AKA Barr in local dialect)
I understand the best time to travel to Kuwait is November-April
Of course my initial low expectations, along with the lovliest family friends made the trip one of the funnest 6 days ever.
Kuwait itself is an lovely mix of extremes, much like most other gulf countries- You'll find a fully covered woman waiving the latest Dior handbag, and an old man in local clothes typing away on his laptop in a Starbucks cafe- This would amuse Westerners...I'm not one but I'm just mentioning it here for those of you who are.
The Kuwaiti's have a great attitude, always smiling and highly intelligent, especially the women (1 out of 3 PhD holders is a woman there).
A big shout out to all you Kuwaiti's out there, and Salmooli 3alla La Notre
Official name: The State of Kuwait
Quirky: The airport was PINK!
Area: 17,818 sq km (6880 sq miles).
Population: 2,189,668 (official estimate 2000).
Population Density: 122.9 per sq km.
Capital: Kuwait City.
Population: 28,859 (1995).
- Pros:Great dining out, excellent shopping, good infrastructure
- Cons:Expensive, not somewhere to stay for more than 1 week, can't walk around-need car
- In a nutshell:I liked it- but we had local family friends to compliment
First and Business class are comfortable, but seats arent so relaxing (ie not those beds you have on KLM and Brit... more travel advice
A multi level mall, with cinema, stores/boutiques, restaurants, coffee shops, cinemas etc I think Virgin Records was... more travel advice
- See All Falconary
- See All Johnny Rockets
- Ritz Kuwait
- Explosive devices
peaceness98's Related Pages
Kuwait Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuwait City - A hidden gem"
- "My First visit to the Gulf - Im in Kuwait!"
- "Hala Kuwait!"
- "The end of the Gulf"
- "A reborn city"
- "With A Little Help of Her Friends"
- "Al Kuwait"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuwait
- Hotels in Kuwait
- Transportation in Kuwait
- Nightlife in Kuwait
- Restaurants in Kuwait
- Shopping in Kuwait
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuwait
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuwait
- 18 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kuwait?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuwait
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat Intro, 47 reviews, 41 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Beirut Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Geneva Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Évian-les-Bains Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Cairo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Houston Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Anton am Arlberg Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos