"Al Kuwait" Kuwait by peaceness98

Kuwait Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 746 photos

The Eating Out Capital of the World!

Not only did I enjoy Kuwait, i loved it so much I'll go back again (I was told to come in Nov/Dec so I can hit the dessert AKA Barr in local dialect)

I understand the best time to travel to Kuwait is November-April

Of course my initial low expectations, along with the lovliest family friends made the trip one of the funnest 6 days ever.

Kuwait itself is an lovely mix of extremes, much like most other gulf countries- You'll find a fully covered woman waiving the latest Dior handbag, and an old man in local clothes typing away on his laptop in a Starbucks cafe- This would amuse Westerners...I'm not one but I'm just mentioning it here for those of you who are.

The Kuwaiti's have a great attitude, always smiling and highly intelligent, especially the women (1 out of 3 PhD holders is a woman there).

A big shout out to all you Kuwaiti's out there, and Salmooli 3alla La Notre

Quick Stats on Q8

Official name: The State of Kuwait

Quirky: The airport was PINK!

Area: 17,818 sq km (6880 sq miles).

Population: 2,189,668 (official estimate 2000).

Population Density: 122.9 per sq km.

Capital: Kuwait City.

Population: 28,859 (1995).

• Pros:Great dining out, excellent shopping, good infrastructure
  • Cons:Expensive, not somewhere to stay for more than 1 week, can't walk around-need car
  • In a nutshell:I liked it- but we had local family friends to compliment
  • Last visit to Kuwait: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 8, 2004

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Its an interesting story about the tower. A nice picture, too. Have a nice evening.

• siinq8's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Costa Coffee is the least you should expect from an airline that has no booze!!!!

• travelcrzy's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 11:09 PM

I used to live in Kuwait...in Mahbula! It means " crazy lady", not idiot woman and is not a term usually used. (or so I was told by all my Arabic friends) Sure do miss it!!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2005 at 3:01 PM

Falconry is such an interesting vocation. My daughter works with raptors, and they're very impressive birds. Greetings from Florida.

• ChristinaC's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 9:01 AM

Very nice page! Kuwait really is a nice country! :) I was there in December last year, and it is so much different than many people think !

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 3:09 AM

Great Kuwait page! How much were the excessive commissions for changing currency? In South Africa in October this year, they wanted 15% (minimum fee 35 Rand!) G'day from Australia.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 4:22 PM

Very interesting page! I had no idea what Kuwait was like, thanks for showing it to me!

• Aug 8, 2004 at 7:54 AM

Glad I can say I love Italian food... Maybe better avoid here though if it's so god for eating- trying to control the eating! Seems very different to expectations. Your pages are getting dangersouly good Peace, Jem

peaceness98