"International citizen of the world" africaking's Profile
Hello to one and all
Firstly, let me thank you for visiting my page and hope that you may find something useful within.
Now, about me......I was born in Cape Town, South Africa and lived in Cape Town and Jo'burg till I was 10. My parents decided in 1990 that life in South Africa was not going to offer me opportunities, nor them, so we emigrated to the United Kingdom.
We lived in Kent for about a year or so, then moved to Manchester, where I spent my high school days and a year at college. Again, my parents got itchy feet and thought that my education had reached an end, thus thinking it was time to try something new.
My parents sold the house, bought a yacht and we all moved to Lancaster to fix up the yacht to sail her around the world.
To cut a very long involved story short, we ended up spending six months in Ramsay, Isle of Mann, a year in Dublin, Ireland. where I left my parents and went to Bromley in Kent, UK. I had spent a summer there, working on Harley Street in central London and got bored, so met my parents in Cornwall.
We spent a further year in Cornwall doing up the yacht, again and working to save money and I did another year at a local college. After my courses ended, I went to visit a friend in Spain and promptly got offered a job as a holiday rep. So I spent the next 2 years working in Costa Brava and Costa Dorada in Spain, Southern France and Ca'Savio (near Venice) in Italy.
After working for next to nothing, travelling from site to site, suffering from tornado damage, time came for me to return to Cornwall to set sail with my folks.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 76 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- africaking and fabShiri are now friends.
- updated a Texas Travel Page "Texas"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Espana"
updated their Profile Page "International citizen of the world"
- Commented on sugarpuff's profile page
- Wrote a Review Belize buses about Buses in Belize Transportation
- Posted in Travel Belize Forum "Re: Bus from Belize to Guatemala"
Top 10 Pages
- South Africa Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Belize Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gibraltar Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Portugal Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Spain Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Morocco Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Swaziland Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos