Chiang Mai Hotel Tips by Tusitala
Chiang Mai Hotels: 101,187 reviews and 384 photos
To use a 70s word, groovy. Vivid colours set this hotel apart from the generic and each room is themed slightly differently for a personalised, customised feel hence the 'conceptual home' label. Strong local design aesthetic with modern flair. Only 8 rooms on 3 floors, and a little lap pool which looks very inviting for a midnight dip. Very romantic garden atmosphere.
At times, room service could be a little slow, but then this is northern Thailand, and you've gotta go with the flow.
Unique Qualities: Rooms quite small but well appointed, ie, dvd players and cd sound systems. Quiet and tucked away. New Morrocan-themed bar downstairs aims to be the coolest place for locals to hang out in, with dj spinning lounge-chill music.
Best thing is it's within an easy stroll of Nimm Road's hundreds of coffee shops, cafes, galleries, and almost adjacent the Monkey Club.
Address: 37 Soi 9 Nimmanhaeminda Rd., T.Suthep, A. Muang, Chiang Mai, 50100, Thailand
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Off NImminheimin Road, turn down Soi 9 and follow it nearly till end.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Standard Room at Ping Buri
Although they've renovated the lobby, there is nothing fancy about Ping Buri, but it just feels comfortable and homely to me. This is my second stay here, this time for one whole month!
It's clean, comfortable, with a languid tropical Thai feel to it. No fuss, no bother. The only downside for the infrequent Thai-language traveller is the staff are mostly not conversant in English, although one or two are slightly. All are of course charming to a fault.
Even basic rooms are large, and rooms have nice quiet airconditioners. Breakfast is included in the deal, with choice of American, Thai, continental, etc. Sometimes local groups will break into karaoke around dinner time, so you might want to make urgent plans elsewhere!
Unique Qualities: Nice terracotta tiles, frangipani-laden courtyards and local decor and furniture lend a wonderful tropical Thai feel to the place.
Internet available in lobby (speed OK) for 2 baht/minute.
An interesting un-touristy neighbourhood. Just 300m around the corner gets you to the western side starting point of Sunday walking street. Front looks onto the historic moat.
Address: 49/7-8 Arak Road, Amphur Muang, CM, 50200.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Suan Dok Gate, near Doi Suthep Road on western side of town.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Reviews (33)
Tusitala's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 35 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
Photos in Chiang MaiSee All Photos (7)
Read real reviews about Chiang Mai Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Chiang Mai Intro, 35 reviews, 7 photos
- Pai 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Hanoi 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Cook Islands Intro, 4 reviews
- Bangkok 2 reviews
- Ho Chi Minh City 1 review, 1 photo
- Ko Samui 1 review, 1 photo
- Singapore Intro, 1 review
- Sydney 1 review
- Zambia 1 review
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Buddhist Temple- 64 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Excursions- 62 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Elephant Ride- 59 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Wat Chedi Luang - Buddhist Temple- 31 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Jungle Trek- 30 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Palaces and Temples- 28 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Cooking School- 35 Reviews, 59 Photos
- The Karen Long Neck Hilltribe Settlement- 23 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Markets- 24 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Wat Phra Sing - Buddhist Temple- 19 Reviews, 54 Photos
See All Chiang Mai Things to Do