"Beijing" Beijing by cinthya_in_victoria
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,338 reviews and 15,979 photos
Beijing (or Pekin, as you wish) is the capital of the People's Republic of China. Located in the north part of the country, Beijing is China's second largest city, after Shanghai.
It is a major transportation hub, full of bycicles, with dozens of railways, roads and motorways passing through the city. Beijing is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China and this year will host the 2008 Olympic Games. Welcome to China!
There are multiple bus routes into the city and there are also plans to extend the subway out to the airport. I took a... more travel advice
It was erected in 1958. It's made of granite and decorated with episodes from China's revolutionary history. more travel advice
cinthya_in_victoria's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 27 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 62 reviews, 76 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 38 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 37 reviews, 47 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos