"Victoria, where I learnt more than just a language" Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria by cinthya_in_victoria

Victoria Travel Guide: 1,638 reviews and 3,437 photos

My favorite place in the world

Welcome to the jewel of Canada's west coast! the city of gardens, the capital of British Columbia, the warmest place in all Canada, full of flowers almost all year round.. all that and much more is Victoria

This is my favorite place in Canada and believe me, once you walk on its streets, you'll feel like being in a fairy tale town.
Most of its charm derives from its English air as many people say Victoria is more British than England, and even though I haven't been in England I think it's true. In this city you can take great pictures because of the beautiful scenery, even if you are the worst photographer!

Enjoy your trip!!

I studied English here in 2003...

and I had a great experience living the Canadian lifestyle and being a local for a while.

It was also a great opportunity to learn from international friends which most of them were from Korea and Japan

Isn't it exciting going abroad to study a foreign language while you have fun with your friends?

Activities eh?

There are a lot of activities, places and attractions to visit for people from 0 to 99.

You choose: Kayaking, horseback riding, swimming, cycling, fishing, sailing, or even participate in a marathon!

If you like skiing and snowborading there you have.. Whistler! (more on my Whistler page hehe)

• Pros:Beautiful, clean, safe, friendly people, nice weather... what more can you ask for?
  • Cons:are you kidding??
  • In a nutshell:The most beautiful city in the whole world!
  • Last visit to Victoria: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2009

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Thanx, great tips, especially for my daughter, she'll be moving to Victoria soon to study at the UVic.

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo
      May 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Hi Krista, good your daughter will study at UVIc. I bet she will have a great time in Victoria as I did while studying there 10 years ago!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Absolutely agree Victoria is a great place.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Funny that we've never crossed paths before...I just noticed that you've been hanging out with one of my FAV VTers ANNNNNND you've lived in one of my FAV BC towns...Ill be back soon to take a close look here...Greetings from the north Cinthya!!! :o)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Hola, Cinthya! Thanx for your stories! Very useful!

cinthya_in_victoria Used To Live Here!

cinthya_in_victoria

“How many kms are between you and the place of your dreams?”

Badges & Stats in Victoria

Have you been to Victoria?