"Jammu-Paradise on Earth" Jammu by rjogadiya
Jammu Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 109 photos
The famous Vaishnodevi shrine of Jammu in India is famous for wishes being granted coming true. It is said that only those can visit the shrine in whose destiny the visit is written.
Its one visit can change your life in such a positive manner that you can hardly believe it.
To reach the Shrine, you have to first alight at Katra, which is the Indian Army base camp about 15 kms from the shrine.
Acommodations are available at Katra, its also quite safe when compared to Kashmir.
Best time to visit is Oct to Feb.
The Shrine is shown in many of the Bollywood(India's Hollywood) films where devotees travel the whole of 15 kms bare foot to reach atop the mountain.
Absolutely recommended for a visit.
rjogadiya's Related Pages
Jammu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jammu: not touristy, but interesting. . . .really!"
- "Jammu-Paradise on Earth"
- "Where people of different faiths co exist in peace"
- "four hours in jammu..."
- "Jammu, the winter capital of Indian Kashmir"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jammu
- Hotels in Jammu
- Transportation in Jammu
- Restaurants in Jammu
- Shopping in Jammu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jammu
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Jammu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jammu
Top 5 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Ratnagiri Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Jammu Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Rajkot Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Agra Intro, 1 photo