"Broadway. A gem in the Cotswolds" Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway by lou31

Broadway Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 148 photos

Broadway

Broadway often referred to as the jewel of the Cotswolds.

When I was planning my overseas trip, the Cotswolds were a major destination for me. I had originally planned on staying a few days in Broadway but for one reason or another I chose Stratford instead. So I was very eager to get to this little village and it was just as I had imagined it.

My only way to see the Cotswolds was by public bus from Stratford and that was an adventure in itself. I managed to see only four villages but I had a great day.

Cotswold stone. From the houses...

Broadway lies centrally between Oxford and Worcester, 90 miles northwest of London and 40 miles south of Birmingham.

From London take the M40 motorway westwards out of London for 50 miles, turn off for Oxford. A picturesque and direct route is to take the A34 then the A44 to Evesham. You will pass through the villages of Woodstock, Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh. Broadway now lies only 10 miles away.

to the shops.

There were many small shops and pubs. After my long trek from home it was a bit of a disapointment not to have more time here. But what I saw was lovely. The village was quiet and cosy.

I spent some time walking along the Cotswolds Way but it started to rain and I had to come back.

• Pros:A quiet traditional village. A starting point of the Cotswold Way.
  • Cons:Probably not the hub of the Cotswolds but a must see.
  • In a nutshell:I'd love to stay here for a day or two!
  • Last visit to Broadway: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 4, 2006

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Thanks for the wonderful tour of the Cotswolds! Sounds like you can use the buses with a little patience. Nice page! Cheers, Mark

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 11:36 PM

I wish I had entered the shops in Broadway, they sound great, but I was so fascinated by the architecture I didn't want to take my eyes off it even for a moment.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 3:09 AM

Hey Lou. How absolutely quaint!! Just love those beautiful buildings and gorgeous little shops. Mmmm yummy, olives & fetta :o) Looks like my kinda place!!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 3:11 AM

Looks like you made up for our lack of shopping! Enticing stuff.

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 10:53 AM

Great photos again, you certainly had a great time, very helpful information

• St_Vincent's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 10:27 AM

Some wonderful Cotswold photos. Hope you manage to get back there some day and explore further

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 4:02 AM

What a great adventure you had. Catching the local buses, slowly meandering your way to Broadway. Which is just beautiful.

lou31

“'Life is not a dress rehearsal.......live it now!!"”

Badges & Stats in Broadway

Have you been to Broadway?

Latest Activity in Broadway