"London - "Crikey it's big!"" London by lou31
London Travel Guide: 25,360 reviews and 57,324 photos
Well I finally got there! It took 25 hours of travelling but once we landed [ 5.45 am ] I forgot the tiredness - there was just so much to see and do. And of course I wanted to do it all at once!.....Yeah right!
Going through immigration and customs was nothing more than stepping off the plane and walking straight through! No line ups or waiting! I was out into the arrivals area within 45 mins and that included waiting for my luggage.
First stop was a cigarette! Next a quick trip to the washrooms and then I checked in with Hotel Link who were to take me to my hotel. That was easy and in only half an hour we were on our way. I arrived at the hotel at 7.45 and once checked in I was out in the streets by 8.30.
I remember looking around thinking..."Wow. This is it. I'm in London!" Quite a buzz really and I went on to have a great day! Jet lag and all!
All up I spent three and a half days in London. Of course I only touched the surface but still went to most of the places on my list.
I conquered the "Tube" and managed to not to get lost on the buses. I never felt frightened while walking around and didn't have one bad experience. All things considered I have very fond memories of London. For such a huge place it is surprisingly easy to get around and I always found someone to help me if I was not sure of things.
I was surprised at the beauty I found in the streets. It was not all bricks and concrete. There was always a few trees and flowers somewhere. And London had colour. At least that's the way I saw it. I had expexted to find grey drabness everywhere and it was nice to see gardens and trees even in the most busiest streets. Of course I visited in Spring which accounted for the greenness though I'm sure London still has it's beauty all year round.
- Pros:Always something to see and do. Easy to get around.
- Cons:Lots of foreigners living in London. Where are the Pommies?
- In a nutshell:An exciting and interesting city. Big and beautiful!
These buses are all over London and I think they offer good value. For about 25 pound you get a ticket to travel for 24... more travel advice
I went here for dinner on my last night in London. It was just a stones throw from my hotel and it looked nice from the... more travel advice
lou31's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 36 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 40 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- updated a London Travel Page "London - "Crikey it's big!""
- Posted in Travel United Kingdom Forum "Self Contained Cottages"
- Wrote a Review Big Bus Company sightseeing tour about Transportation in London Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Big Bus Company sightseeing tour"
- Commented on one of stevemt's London travel pages
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mackay Intro, 64 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pitlochry Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos
- York Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos