"Delightful Padstow" Top 5 Page for this destination Padstow by lou31
Padstow Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 69 photos
Think of Padstow and you think of Rick Stein, the likeable seafood chef who has put this lovely harbour town on the map.
Padstow was once a quiet little fishing village relatively unheard of before Rick's arrival. Now however it is bursting at the seams! Foodies come from all over to see and taste for themselves the culinary delights of this place.
I like to think he had done a lot of good for the town, though some would disagree. For me anyway a day here was a great experience.
I came to Padstow quite by accident and it was full of surprises for me. From the fantastic views out over the sea to the quaint and quirky little streets that are tucked in behind the harbour. And the shops...can't forget the shops...lots of nice little boutiques, craft and souvineer, home furnishings and kitchen ware shops.
Of course the place was crowded! As the day wore on it just got busier and busier! Families with children, elderly people and young ones, singles and couples...and all very well behaved. So many people crammed into such a small area and I never witnessed any disturbances or unpleasantness.
It was just a nice day out...
- Pros:Great seafood, good shopping and a wonderful Cornish experience.
- Cons:Crowded and very busy. Lots of daytrippers.
- In a nutshell:Who cares about the crowds?...I loved it!
The line up was out the door....all day! What more can you say about this fish and chip shop? I didn't actually eat... more travel advice
I went into this delightful shop and took ages to decide what to get. There were some very nice cakes, slices and... more travel advice
lou31's Related Pages
Padstow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delightful Padstow"
- "On the north coast of Cornwall"
- "Padstow, Cornwall's Foodie Mecca"
- "Padstow or Padstein?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Padstow
- Hotels in Padstow
- Transportation in Padstow
- Restaurants in Padstow
- Shopping in Padstow
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Padstow
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Padstow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Padstow
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mackay Intro, 64 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pitlochry Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos
- York Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos