"Thirsk..James Herriot country." Thirsk by lou31
Thirsk Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
Being a great James Herriot fan I had to visit this delightful little village to see for myself the home of Alf Wight...the author of those wonderful novels.
I was a little disapointed however as I had thought that the filming of the series had taken place here which is not the case. I did however get to explore Alf's house and out buildings and enjoy some of the surrounding Yorkshire villages.
It was a nice little place with a thriving village centre full of lovely pubs and cafe's. The place had loads of character and friendly people.
- Pros:A must for 'James Herriot' fans.
- In a nutshell:Quaint little village and a nice place to look around.
I usually try to include libraries in my tips as they can be very useful sources of local information. As well as that... more travel advice
This looked like a nice cafe and indeed it was. The interior was well decorated and spacious and the staff friendly. I... more travel advice
lou31's Related Pages
Thirsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thirsk..James Herriot country."
- "Home of Herriot"
- "Charming home of James Herriott"
- "A quick trip to Thirsk"
- "Thirsk - All creatures great and small"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thirsk
- Hotels in Thirsk
- Transportation in Thirsk
- Restaurants in Thirsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thirsk
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Thirsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thirsk
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mackay Intro, 64 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pitlochry Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos
- York Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos