"'Whitsunday Wonderland'" Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach by lou31
Airlie Beach Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 727 photos
Hi there!...This is where we will be heading for the '2009 VT Meet' ...it's a fantastic place and I am lucky to live right next door! Ann aka 'aussierose' and I are busy swapping ideas to make this a VT Meet to remember. So put September 10th in your diary for next year and hopefully we will see you there...come on down!
Popular Airlie Beach lies 1,100 kilometre north of Brisbane and 620 kilometre south of Cairns. It is also very handy for myself as it is only a bit over an hours drive from my hometown of Mackay. Airlie is a thriving and bustling tourist town located in the Whitsundays.
Its mild tropical climate has an average annual temperature of 27C maximum and a minimum of 21C. This place also averages 8.25 hours of magnificent sunshine every day!!
On any day of the week this place is buzzing! It is the jumping off point for tourists heading to the 74 islands of the Whitsundays and the town is full of shops, night clubs, pubs and cafes and restaurants.
You really can't get away from the tourist element here...they are everywhere but it is still an exciting and interesting place to visit with loads of accomodation and fascilities.
The town itself consists of one long main street...beach on one side and a hillside covered in condos and holiday units on the other.
There are oodles of shops, cafes, pubs, night clubs and restaurants to choose from.
Always something to see and do and a real fun and happening place for everyone...young and old.
If you have had enough of shopping, alfresco dining and people watching
you can grab a towel and hit the beach to soak up some of that sun.
Or take a walk along the esplanade. Lots of palm trees, walkways, grassy areas and the views over the turquoise waters of the bay are just lovely.
- Pros:Very tropical, lots of fun and plenty of shopping.
- Cons:A bit touristy and comes with a higher price tag.
- In a nutshell:If its fun, sun and scenery you are after this is a must see.
A day out sailing the Whitsundays on board the catamaran Camira is an experience not to be missed. Especially when you... more travel advice
LAGUNA WHITSUNDAYS IS A HUGE WORLD CLASS GOLF RESORT SITUATED 45 KILOMETRES SOUTH OF AIRLIE BEACH. THE COURSE WAS... more travel advice
lou31's Related Pages
Airlie Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Whitsunday Wonderland'"
- "Airlie Beach"
- "Airlie Beach - Venue for the big 2009 OZ VT Meet"
- "Whitsunday Wonderland 2009 Big Downunder Meet"
- "Honeymoon in Airlie Beach"
- "Thursday night meet & greet"
- "Airlie Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Airlie Beach
- Hotels in Airlie Beach
- Transportation in Airlie Beach
- Nightlife in Airlie Beach
- Restaurants in Airlie Beach
- Shopping in Airlie Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Airlie Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Airlie Beach
- 26 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Airlie Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Airlie Beach
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Choosing a username"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Whitsunday Wonderland Big Aussie Meet 2009"
- updated a Airlie Beach Travel Page "'Whitsunday Wonderland'"
- Wrote a Review Sail on Camira to Whitehaven. in Airlie Beach Things to Do
- Commented on one of CandS's Airlie Beach travel pages
Photos in Airlie BeachSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mackay Intro, 64 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pitlochry Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos
- York Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos