"Belek - Turkey" Top 5 Page for this destination Belek by Dizee
Belek Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 170 photos
Coastal resort backed by pine forests 30 mins from Antalya airport. Quiet area, nearest town Kadriye (about 15 mins away) - not huge but reasonable range of shops. You get the usual hassle from people selling things but a polite no thank you works well. Beware the fake brand t-shirts that shrink in the wash! Excellent for leather goods though. Handy location for exploring Perge and Aspendos as well as visiting Side. Can also do adventure trips into the Taurus mountains. Lovely clean beach which was quite safe for children to swim in - however ours preferred the waterslides in the pool! Mainly large hotel complexes which are perfect for family holidays as children were well looked after. Only went for 1 week, wish we had gone for 2. Definitely on my visit list again for the future.
We travelled with Thomson and as it was the first time we had taken our kids abroad we stayed a week half board at this 4* hotel. Couldn't fault the hotel on anything -buffet food good with lots of variety - eldest son in particular more than happy with range of desserts! Hotel clean and minor problems like not enough pillows soon sorted out. Excellent animation team (who worked really hard) with daily and evening entertainment. Very multicultural hotel with British in the minority (5-10%) - mainly German and Russian guests. This was the reason that Thomson stopped going there but I thought it was fine as all entertainment took place in 3 languages. The pool area was immaculate and there were always sunbeds available either at the pool or on the beach.
- Pros:Quiet, good hotels, many sights to see
- Cons:May be a bit too quiet for some
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery, lovely people
We took an organised trip to Manavgat (near Side) where we boarded a gulet to sail down the river to where it meets the... more travel advice
Perge is the remains of Greek and Roman towns which were built on this spot. There is quite a lot of it still standing -... more travel advice
Dizee's Related Pages
Belek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIVE STAR RESORT IN BELEK"
- "Belek - Turkey"
- "Belek in Novembrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..."
- "Walk the Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belek
- Hotels in Belek
- Restaurants in Belek
- Shopping in Belek
- Warnings and Dangers in Belek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belek
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Belek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belek
Top 10 Pages
- Nuweiba` Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akumal Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Watamu Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salisbury Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dundee Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belek Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Perth Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Guardalavaca Intro, 3 photos
- Stonehaven 1 review, 2 photos
- Kinross 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.