"Denia" Top 5 Page for this destination Denia by Wendy-H

Denia Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 190 photos

My holiday home in Spain

I discovered Denia in May 2004 while looking for a property to buy as a holiday home and investment.
Denia is on the coast on the Costa Blanca. It is about 95kms from both Alicante and Valencia airports making it easy to book low cost flights.
we bought a bungalow on a large urbanisation with 2 communal pools. the property is about 25 years old and not very much has been done to it during that time. recently it had been used for holiday rentals. it was very fusty and tired looking when we got it. we have completely renovated it now with new kitchen, bathroom, re-tiling, painting and new furniture and lights. it looks lovely and is a real home from home.
in the past 12 months since we got it we have been about 8 times. Also my family have stayed there.

Renovations -"Before"

The bungalow was in a sorry state. Floral curtains, floral settee, floral decorations everywhere. It was pretty difficult to see beyond the dated, worn decor. But we thought of "Location Location" Its only a few minutes walk to the beach, Has a large communal pool and bars and restaurants are within walking distance.
So we set about sorting it out. The day we got the keys we filled 25 bags of rubbish! Unfortunately we discovered what we thought was a musty smell due to it being closed up for a long time, was actually a damp smell in the kitchen due to a leak under the cupboards which required a complete new kitchen! A Lesson learned in not investigating by looking in all the cupboards etc.

Renovations - "After"

With a little help from a friend, we have gutted the place. Re-tiled the whole floor area. New kitchen and all appliances. New bathroom with walk-in shower and vanity unit. New furniture, curtains, lighting etc. And completely repainted inside and out. Weve just had cable tv put in.
I can honestly say its a pleasure to stay there now. Its not a big place, but it feels like home.

• Pros:Sun, sand and relaxation
  • Cons:None so far!
  • In a nutshell:Our perfect chill out place
  • Last visit to Denia: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2005

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Hope you will enjoy your next Denia holiday. Thanks for your B-Day wishes. Greetings from the Swiss Alps ;-)

• Sagespot's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Beautiful photo of the reservoir at Beniarres!! Cheers, Sage

• Oct 24, 2005 at 1:24 AM

Wendy, nice page and useful information. Beautiful phtographs.

• russian_yaz's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 9:17 AM

Thanks for stoping by at my Denia page. I saw yours, lot of tips and info. I only was 2 days there so didn't have too much to say :) Have fun!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 11:19 AM

How lucky you are to have your own apt. in Spain. You've made it very pretty!

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 9:44 AM

Glad you are enjoying your holiday home.I went to France 2-12 July for a change of scenery but am ready for going back to Spain.Your house looks really nice

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 5:53 AM

YOU ARE LUCKY SPEND PART OF YEAR IN SPAIN

Wendy-H Visits Here Frequently!

Wendy-H

“You can never have too many holidays. Or shoes!!”

Badges & Stats in Denia