"Trip to Makassar" Makassar by Chyan
Makassar Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 206 photos
Makassar is the capital of Sulawesi Selatan. It is otherwise known as Ujung Pandang covering the airport Mohos, Makassar and other scenic towns nearby. It is a growing city. It has an oil refinery, hotels, some commercial buildings and houses of Indonesian architecture. Makassar is famous for its Toraja culture and here, the Malays speak their own dialect. The Mohos Airport looks like a military airport, bigger than Pekanbaru Airport and is located 27km away from Makassar.
- Pros:Scenic from the sky
- Cons:Expensive imported fruits
- In a nutshell:Worth exploring Toraja culture !
Chyan's Related Pages
Makassar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the schooners"
- "Makassar - City of Maritime"
- "Ujung Pandang - Makassar - South Sulawesi"
- "Makassar is a paradise 4 sea-food lovers"
- "Journey to D'Exotic South Sulawesi"
- "Makassar - east of Wallace Line."
- "Makassar, colonial history and bugissailers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makassar
- Hotels in Makassar
- Transportation in Makassar
- Nightlife in Makassar
- Restaurants in Makassar
- Shopping in Makassar
- Warnings and Dangers in Makassar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Makassar
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Makassar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makassar
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 25 reviews, 5 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 17 reviews, 6 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 17 reviews, 2 photos
- China Intro, 17 reviews, 1 photo
- Kuala Lumpur 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Denpasar Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Medan Intro, 4 reviews
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews
- Singapore 1 review