"UNESCO World Heritage Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala by VinTolucci
Antigua Guatemala Travel Guide: 650 reviews and 1,885 photos
This is the wonderful view from el cerrito in Antigua. This is the same place where the monumental cross is located up on the hill.
Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is full of charm and surrounded by volcanoes. There is much to see and do here. Stay a few nights and you will also be delighted.
There is a story to the volcan de agua and how it came to be named. They say torrential rains collected inside the volcano until one day it had collected so much water it spewed water causing heavy damage to the surrounding valley. I just wish the weather would cooperate with me and allow for a clear unobstructed view of the volcano and a fabulous shot.
- Pros:Easy to get around.
- Cons:Hard to get stamps.
- In a nutshell:Perfect hub for any trip, very safe.
The colors of Antigua are bright and cheery. more travel advice
The volcan de Agua offers a stunning backdrop to any photo one may take here. more travel advice
- See All Enjoy a beer while watching the sun set
- The Leather Express
- See All Room with a View
- See All Enjoy a candle lit dinner with a loved...
- See All Charm at the Casa Santo Domingo
VinTolucci's Related Pages
Antigua Guatemala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whole Lotta Shaking Going On"
- "A colonial gem"
- "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Step Back in Time in Antigua Guatemala"
- "The Pastel Town with the Collapsed Churches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antigua Guatemala
- Hotels in Antigua Guatemala
- Transportation in Antigua Guatemala
- Nightlife in Antigua Guatemala
- Restaurants in Antigua Guatemala
- Shopping in Antigua Guatemala
- Warnings and Dangers in Antigua Guatemala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antigua Guatemala
- 38 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Antigua Guatemala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antigua Guatemala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 38 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Cruz del Quiché Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manhattan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de La Libertad Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos