"El Castillo De San Felipe" Castillo de San Felipe by VinTolucci
Castillo de San Felipe Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
The Castillo de San Felipe is actually more of a fort than it is a castle. It is located on the Lake Izabal shore. The spanish built this fort in order to defend and protect the shipping lanes from pirates.
These are some of the cannons used against the pirates. I wonder if there is any sunken booty in the lake.
The lake is enjoyed by water sports enthusiasts and bird watchers alike. I enjoyed the lake for its serenity and beautiful colors.
- Pros:Easy access
- Cons:cannons are nonoperable!
VinTolucci's Related Pages
Castillo de San Felipe Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castillo de San Felipe
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Castillo de San Felipe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castillo de San Felipe
Photos in Castillo de San FelipeSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 38 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Cruz del Quiché Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manhattan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de La Libertad Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos