"The Maya's last stand at el Quiche." Santa Cruz del Quiché by VinTolucci
Santa Cruz del Quiché Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 40 photos
Santa Cruz del Quiche was the battleground where Tecun Uman made his final stand against the conquistadores. They say he fought bravely, but was no match against the spanish armor and superior tactics. Having been defeated many of the indegenious peoples retreated to mixco viejo. There, the high ground proved only a bumb in the road. The spaniards would soon extend their dominion into Guatemala and the rest of Latin America.
I left my boots in El Quiche.
- Pros:Beautiful Lagoon's nearby, quiet
- Cons:The food is terrible
- In a nutshell:The ruins and the caves are the only reasons why a tourist would come.
It makes sense to travel with a small group, especially on a long road trip. The highways are desolate and one attracts... more travel advice
En route to Chichicastenango our cab driver decided to make a pit stop at the lagoons. It was like a slice of rural... more travel advice
VinTolucci's Related Pages
Santa Cruz del Quiché Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Maya's last stand at el Quiche."
- "La Beba in Santa Cruz del Quiché"
- "The capital of the Quiche department."
- "shadowofwind's new Santa Cruz del Quiche Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Cruz del Quiché
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Cruz del Quiché
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz del Quiché
- 5 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Santa Cruz del Quiché?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Cruz del Quiché
Photos in Santa Cruz del QuichéSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 38 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Cruz del Quiché Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manhattan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de La Libertad Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos