"Tikal, Heart of the Ancient Maya Empire" Parque Nacional Tikal by VinTolucci
Parque Nacional Tikal Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 1,008 photos
Tikal was built approximately 600 years before Christ. Tikal's population peaked around 700 AD and may have had a population of about 30,000 to 50,000. Depends on your source. The most impreesive temple is Temple I the tallest edifice in the precolumbian era.
The great temples at Tikal were only discovered about 150 years ago. During this time the jungle swalloed up the landscape
Don't get lost in the jungle. I have heard many horror stories regarding visitors wanting to play "survivor" before it became fashionable to do so, only to end up lost in the jungle. I have been told their bodies were found years alter hoola hops went out of fashion, tye dyes, flannel and polyester, etc.
- Pros:Beautiful, serene
- Cons:Lots of walking may hinder some.
- In a nutshell:The true "survivors" are the Maya people of Guatemala
VinTolucci's Related Pages
Parque Nacional Tikal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tikal - a Jungle Jewel"
- "Ruins in the jungle"
- "Mayan Mysteries in a Jungle Setting"
- "Tikal--The Mayan World's Greatest City Ever"
- "Parque Nacional Tikal"
- "Jungle Secrets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Hotels in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Transportation in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Shopping in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional Tikal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional Tikal
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Parque Nacional Tikal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional Tikal
Photos in Parque Nacional TikalSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 38 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Departamento de Guatemala Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Cruz del Quiché Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Manhattan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Flushing Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Departamento de La Libertad Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
Latest Parque Nacional Tikal hotel reviews
- Jungle Lodge
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013