"Dedicated to great Hungarian Hero Thökely Imre" Kocaeli Ili by Sirvictor
Kocaeli Ili Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 661 photos
Der grosse Ungarn Sohn Tokeli war auch ein Imre/Emre. Sein Tugra/Unterschrift lautet:
The Great son of Hungary war also an Emre/Imre. We Turks have also the name Emre which means "Lover" His signature had the following verse:
"Muhibbi Al- i Osmanim, itaat uzereyim emre
Kral-i Orta Macarim, ki namim Tokeli Emre"
"Ich bin ein Freund der Grosse Osmanische Familie, ich bin unter Ihren Befehl.
Ich bin der Koenig von Mitteren Ungarn, Ich heisse Toekeli Emre"
to English: The following verse is written in his seal/Tugra:
"I am a friend of Great Ottoman Family. I am at their service/order.
I am the King of Middle Hungary. I am called Tokeli Emre"
Fuelek Castle : Beginning of the End
The Fulek Castle is located between Hungarian- Slovakian border where Nógrád and Gömör Rivers meet. “Fülek” means “a hiding place” or “a fortification” which was derived from Celtic word “Fulaku”. During Ottoman administration, this fort was accepted as a bit problematic due to its Catholic Hungarian and German settlers.
The Fulek Castle is a rarely known place despite its importance on Turkish history. It was governed by several administrations. Finally, it was re-conquered by Imre Tökeli, the Protestant Hungarian King who was appreciated by the Turkish authorities of the era, in September 10, 1682. By the conquest of the Fulek Castle, Imre was appointed as the Hungarian King by the Pasha of Budin.
We can consider this date as the beginning of the end of Ottoman Turkish Empire. Beginning of all defeats and reteads until August 22nd 1922. As it is commanly known in the next year in 1683 Turks were defeated infront of Vienna and lost all Hungary and Beograd.
The Turkish traveller and historian Evliya Celebi gives very good informaton about Fuelek in his book "Seyahatname" (Travels) vol.11 p.32 He says that Fuelek had 3oo woodens houses in the castle and 700 dwellings at its varos.
Turkish historian Pecevi wrotes a very interesting story how Turks conquered Fuelek. One night a soldier called Hasan climbs to the wall of the castle by means of a ledder and pushes back the artillary gun on a window with his forehead and jumps inside the castle. He then opens the main door.
Sirvictor's Related Pages
Kocaeli Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Industry & Nature,mixed in Kocaeli..."
- "Kocaeli;The city where i grown up"
- "Dedicated to great Hungarian Hero Thökely Imre"
- "Kocaeli known as center of Marmara earthquake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kocaeli Ili
- Hotels in Kocaeli Ili
- Transportation in Kocaeli Ili
- Nightlife in Kocaeli Ili
- Restaurants in Kocaeli Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kocaeli Ili
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Kocaeli Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kocaeli Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Ankara Intro, 14 reviews, 114 photos, 11 travelogues
- Alanya Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hlavni Mesto Praha Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 6 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 47 photos, 8 travelogues
- Wiesbaden Intro, 47 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kemer Intro, 4 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 6 travelogues
- Karlovy Vary Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue