Istanbul Off The Beaten Path Tips by Sirvictor
Istanbul Off The Beaten Path: 515 reviews and 1,133 photos
The Freemasonic Temple at Nur-u Ziya street in Istiklal Caddesi.
Hadji Bektas Veli was a famous scolar who lived in XIVth and XVth centuaries. He influenced Turkish life with his humanistic thoughts. I believe that he influenced masonry also. Here is a verse of him which is typical Masonic.
"The apprentices hew the stones
They submit them to the master
And cut out each piece
In the name of the Holy God"
"Sakirdleri tas yonarlar
Yonup ustada sunarlar
Calapýn adýn anarlar
Tasin her bir paresinde"
Gul Baba Park
If you follow the narrow street dawnwards near the wall of Galatasaray Lyceum you will came to Gul Baba. If you want to learn more about Gul Baba please visit my Budapest page.
More Reviews (13)
Sirvictor's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 15 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 511 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
Top 10 Pages
- Alanya Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 11 travelogues
- Ankara Intro, 14 reviews, 114 photos, 11 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hlavni Mesto Praha Intro, 8 reviews, 58 photos, 6 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 47 photos, 8 travelogues
- Wiesbaden Intro, 47 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kemer Intro, 4 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 6 travelogues
- Éze Intro, 1 review, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Topkapi Palace- 313 Reviews, 734 Photos
- Agia Sophia - Ayasofya- 303 Reviews, 716 Photos
- Grand Bazaar- 112 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultanahmet- 251 Reviews, 554 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 115 Reviews, 255 Photos
- Bosphorus River- 109 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Galata Tower- 100 Reviews, 226 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 106 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Süleymaniye Mosque- 73 Reviews, 160 Photos
- Princes Islands- 45 Reviews, 127 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do