"Homeland of my Mother-in-Love" Kusadasi by Sirvictor

Kusadasi Travel Guide: 313 reviews and 853 photos

A Street in Kusadasi

A good joke about Kusadasi

A historical true story about Okuz Mehmet Pasha.

Okuz Mehmet Pasha was Grand Vezier of the Ottoman Empire between the years 1616-19. Okuz (pronounsation:Oekuez) means in Turkish Oxe. He was a good man but it was very hard to explain something to him. For that reason his classmates called him Oxe. One day while he was on the field at war and discussing about the situation with his diwan the court, an oxe looked inside the tent and said "muuuu" Every Pashas, Veziers, Beys, all laughted. Mehmet pasha was not upset.He just laughted and said. "A friend of mine came to ask me what I was doing in the middle of Donkeys.

He builded a caravansarai at the port of Kusadasi for all kinds of goods, animals and humans. Today the Caravansarai is a luxus international hote

The Beach in Kusadasi

My friend in Kusadasi

• Last visit to Kusadasi: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2009

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 5:31 AM

I am so excited about my trip after reading all the tips here on VT. Thanks for sharing ;-)

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 8:50 AM

My first visit to Turkey last summer was to Ephesus & Kusadasi which were very impressive. I saw the Caravansarai but did not go in and instead went to the interesting bazaar! Would like to visit Turkey again!

• crazyman2's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2008 at 5:46 AM

I really enjoyed reading about the caravansarai and the Ox. Is this the place just along from the cruise terminal?

Sirvictor

“Don't die before visiting Turkey”

Badges & Stats in Kusadasi

Have you been to Kusadasi?

Latest Activity in Kusadasi