Paradise Island Packing List Tips by AliasGirl Top 5 Page for this destination
Paradise Island What to Pack: 4 reviews and 6 photos
Luggage and bags: Anything goes as far as luggage and bags, there are bellhops to help you carry your luggage. Its also just a hop skip and jump from the airport, its like door to door service. Of course, the luggage with wheels are, most convienant.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Clothing and shoes to bring: normal resort wear. Lots of bathing suits and books to read at the pool/beach. Sarongs and cover ups to go the restaurants, restrooms, and walking in/out the hotel. If I remember correctly the hotel enforces the use of cover ups. For men, a tee shirt at the beach in case they start to burn.
Night wear: women - skirts, shorts, capri pants, sundresses etc. Men should have at least one/two pairs of slacks and nice slip on shoes-some of the restaurants require a collared shirt as well. We only brought one pair and had to dry clean for the next day as the restaurant required it.
If you like, you can also bring a sports jacket-one restaurant did require it, will get back to you with exact restuarant.
There is walking to do but it isn't that bad, you'll mostly be walking to and from a destination so whatever goes - sneakers, sandals, boat shoes, high heels, flip flops. We did a mixture and had no problems.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen! Sunscreen! Sunscreen! Don't want to burn on the first day then you won't be feeling 100% the rest of your trip.
All normal travel gear; bandaids, bug repellant- in case you get mosquito bites, etc.
Photo Equipment: Digital camera, rolls of film, just a few rolls as there isn't "sightseeing" really. But if you are like me you will go through a ton of film anyway.
Miscellaneous: magazines, books, cards - time flies when you are at the beach!
More Reviews (21)
- See All Pastrami on Rye in the Bahamas
- See All Very Opulent Hotel on Paradise Island
- See All Come Laugh at Atlantis Resort
- Taxi Cabs in Bahamas
AliasGirl's Related Pages
Paradise Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise Found"
- "What an Appropriate Name.."
- "A True Paradise Island (so Close to Miami & NY)"
- "Expensive Paradise"
- "Over the Bridge"
- "Atlantis...big and getting bigger."
- "Atlantis on Paradise Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paradise Island
- Hotels in Paradise Island
- Transportation in Paradise Island
- Nightlife in Paradise Island
- Restaurants in Paradise Island
- Shopping in Paradise Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Paradise Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paradise Island
- 22 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Paradise Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paradise Island
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Japan Rail Pass"
- updated a Paradise Island Travel Page "A True Paradise Island (so Close to Miami & NY)"
- Wrote a Review Pastrami on Rye in the Bahamas about Murrays Delicatessen in Paradise Island Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A True Paradise Island (so Close to Miami & NY)"
Photos in Paradise IslandSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Kauai Intro, 30 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 27 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island Intro, 22 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stowe 6 reviews
- Boston 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 3 photos
- Rome Intro, 1 review, 2 photos