"Amsterdam: Brief Advice to the Tourist" Amsterdam by vtnyc

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,233 reviews and 21,443 photos

Amsterdam is Awesome

It's interesting that right now in Nevada, there is an initiative being promoted by the Committee to Regulate and Control Marijuana (CRCM) to tightly regulate and control the sale and distribution of marijuana in the state of Nevada. It will appear as question 7 on the Nov. 7th elections and if passed, will make the sale of less than one ounce of marijuana by tax department licensed entities fully legal.

Las Vegas will no doubt soon become a major alternative to Amsterdam.

And for that I am glad.

It will give Amsterdam a chance to prove its reputation beyond just its coffee shops.

The people are superbly nice.

The history is rich with wealth, fires, pestilence, famine.

That it survived World War II largely intact is no small feat.

So if you come to Amsterdam, please keep your eyes open for the many other beautiful things Amsterdam has to offer beyond the coffee shops.

Watching for unique people at Herengracht

• Pros:small, easy to walk, tolerant
  • Cons:rain, rain, rain
  • In a nutshell:A small city with big city allure
  • Last visit to Amsterdam: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2006

• Apr 24, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Poco Loco for my 30th.Service v poor. Staff forgot we ordered. Food arrived after 2 hrs we were not given what we ordered. After informing staff we were not prep to pay full price for shoddy service we were warned Police would be called. A sham! BEWARE!

• lovebrazil's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 11:20 AM

thank You for excellent tips and NYC page as well..Also took a look on Your blogspot page / nice to have such interesting people in the planet :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Glad you had a good time in Amsterdam. I also rented from Holland Rent-a-Bike and was very satisfied. (I'll try the Ostrich Steak the next time I'm there.)

• ozalp's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Great tips about restaurants. I think I will try some of them soon.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 9:27 AM

Posting a forum question to let us know you were visiting the RLD, haha! PJ

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 6:53 AM

Great page of my capital city. A different approach to many other pages here on VT. Will be checking out your city in 2 weeks time!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 7:56 PM

Great tips on a great city. I had a wonderful time in Amsterdam when I was there also.

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 3:31 AM

Great tips,im looking forward to going now and can't wait to hire a bike!!

• Mairo21's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 7:29 PM

Winston Hotel...Hmmm. Now, that's a original and interesting place to rest your head down for the nite. Looks awesome. Will look into staying there for a few nites, should I ever find myself in Amsterdam again.

• hez28's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 7:40 PM

nice travelogues. i didn't know that dutch food could be that elaborate :) thanks for the tips and info!

vtnyc

“If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?