"A snap shot of my pages" imaturnip's Profile
Benxi is fast becoming home. My wife and I have an appartment there. We live here in Abu Dhabi for the time being, It is a pretty decent spot.
I am sure there are many among you who have spread their wings further, I tend to go back to old haunts, if I just need to relax, my favourites are thailand and Sri lanka. for a stop over I am quite happy to spend a couple of days in Singapore, I can just sit in Borders coffee shop off Orchard road with a good book, watching the people go by.
Now I will not be travelling again this year so will concentrate on all the good things to see right here. In Abu Dhabi.China will keep me busy later, there is so much to see It will take years.
Meet the locals! disco, party, camp in the Dessert, swim in the sea. .Restaurants of all prices and qualities. Predoninantly based on Indian pakistani and Middle Eastern cuisines shopping for western style Produce easy enough though expensive. I can Go Back to Benxi buy pork tenderloin $1.50/ Kg or Buy it here at $10/ Kg
Liquor for non muslims only plenty of Bars, Get a Licence ( thats right become a licenced alcoholic!) and you can go to the liquor shop.
and for a country with little tax liquor is a big money maker at higher than western shop prices. A lot of golf, tennis etc here.
National Day in Abu Dhabi is a source of much pride (rightly so) The Government, providing healthcare and education free for all. There is respect for old traditions and sailing races in the old wooden racing boats is still very popular amongst young locals. (good prize money sometimes cars) A day of celebration one activity is the rowing boat race along the corniche (picture above), several kilometers of hard rowing, sorrry the good pictures from days gone by when the 40 + man boats went - dumped in the garbage by ex wife Hey Ho, never mind.
Interesting mix of old and new future pages will include Dubai where so much hapens including camel racing soon even formula one racing! This picture is of camels returning to stables from morning excesises in Nad Al Sheba on the Edge if Dubai City.
just a taste of the Northern Emirates on the Omani Border, these are the Hajar mountains jutting north to the straights of Hormuz they straddle the Gulf to the east and the indian ocean to the west.
OOPS! this is Koh Samet east thailand, would give it a miss Getting a touch trendy, mostly 20 somethings who only see the sun sand and beer. I pefer Koh Chang further East last picture this page
in the gardens of the Forbidden city Beijing, if you want to see this in better quality then email me
Koh Chang has a delightful fishing village at the south end, as well as beaches and diving. Felt I could realy chill out here.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 20 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- imaturnip and yangshu are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "A snap shot of my pages"
updated their Profile Page "A snap shot of my pages"
- Posted in Travel Abu Dhabi Forum "RE: single bedroom apt in abudhabi"
- updated a Benxi Travel Page "Benxi - Steel and steam"
- Wrote a Review all busy and expensive, few good... in United Arab Emirates Hotels
- Commented on Thai_Tripper's profile page
Top 5 Pages
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Qingdao Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Benxi Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- China Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- United Arab Emirates 3 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos