"Costa de Oro" Departamento de Canelones by reobasco
Departamento de Canelones Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 39 photos
Canelones is the province where I live. A good part of it is a long stretch of sea-side resorts along the Río de la Plata, just east of Montevideo.
I live in Soylmar, Ciudad de la Costa, which is part of "Costa de Oro", the whole strip of beaches.
Here I show some of my favorites places. I'll start with Cuchilla Alta, which is where I am staying right now.
I have to take pictures, but I'll place a post-card to start. I will be updating this in the next few days.
Cuchilla Alta is one of the last beaches in Canelones, so it is really close to Piriapolis and Punta del Este, in Maldonado. Actually, from my house on the beach, I can see all of the Piriápolis skyline, with its soft hills. You can see some of it in the postcard.
- Pros:Ideal for relaxing; nice, kind people.
- Cons:Not many services, slow-paced town (could be a pro), almost no night-lift; only one cyber-cafe
- In a nutshell:Sigh.....!
reobasco's Related Pages
Departamento de Canelones Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "U N D E R - C O N S T R U C T I O N"
- "CUCHILLA ALTA, Canelones"
- "Costa de Oro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Departamento de Canelones
- Hotels in Departamento de Canelones
- Transportation in Departamento de Canelones
- Nightlife in Departamento de Canelones
- Restaurants in Departamento de Canelones
- Shopping in Departamento de Canelones
- Warnings and Dangers in Departamento de Canelones
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Departamento de Canelones
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Departamento de Canelones?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Departamento de Canelones
Top 5 Pages
- Caracas Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Catalunya Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liguria 1 review, 2 photos
- Florianópolis Intro, 3 photos