"One of the youngest towns in Poland..." Stalowa Wola by kolabor
Stalowa Wola Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 7 photos
The place exists because of an industry plan for Poland that was created by Eugeniusz Kwiatkowski in 1937. That's when the ironworks were build here. It was supposed to produce equipment for the Polish military which was weak compared to the more and more powerful German army. But the institution was just getting started when the WW2 began in 1939. The ironworks, just as the new-grown worker district was since then controlled by the Germans. In 1944 the place was liberated and in 1945 was awarded "town wrights". Now with almost 70,000 habitants Stalowa Wola is one of the biggest towns in the region (which, as visible, doestn't have too many of those). I guess I would be the only person writing about it here on VT, but there are a few places worth a look. Few though...
- Pros:it's my home town :)
- Cons:not too many interesting things too see.
- In a nutshell:A bit more than blocks. Less than historical.
Our football stadium is poor, the level of football istn't much higher. Still- Stal Stalowa Wola is now top of the 3rd... more travel advice
The John Paul II statue in Stalowa Wola is one of those built before His death which may be seen (and this is how I see... more travel advice
kolabor's Related Pages
Stalowa Wola Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Stalowa Wola
- Transportation in Stalowa Wola
- Nightlife in Stalowa Wola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stalowa Wola
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Stalowa Wola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stalowa Wola
Photos in Stalowa WolaSee All Photos (7)
Top 5 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Odessa Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Stalowa Wola Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Poland Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos