"Guatemala- Land of Volcanoes & Mayan Temples" Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala by iwys
Guatemala Travel Guide: 2,981 reviews and 8,534 photos
I travelled around Guatemala, by bus, for ten days, in 2008. I came in over the south-western border from El Salvador and exited over the north-eastern border to Belize. I saw a lot of other travellers here, especially in the lovely town of Antigua, which is where I stayed the longest. I stopped in Guatemala City, but didn't stay there. Antigua was close by and seemed much nicer and more interesting. Other places I visited were Panajachel, Lago de Atitlan, Chichicastenango, Rio Dulce, Livingston and the Mayan sites of Tikal and Quiriguá .
The highlight was definitely Tikal. What an incredible place! For me, it's easily the best of the Mayan sites: better than Palenque, Tulum, Chichen Itza or even my next favourite, Copan Ruinas. It really should be one of the seven new wonders of the world.
You've just got to try Guatemala's chicken buses at least once. They are incredibly cheap and present a rare opportunity... more travel advice
Fridas is a lively Mexican bar-restaurant, decorated like so many restaurants in Central America nowadays, with a Frida... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Guatemala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GUATEMALA - SECURITY"
- "Guatemala- Land of Volcanoes & Mayan Temples"
- "A perfect holiday destination?"
- "The Whimsical and Art Deco"
- "Guatemala City, not that ugly!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guatemala
- Hotels in Guatemala
- Transportation in Guatemala
- Nightlife in Guatemala
- Restaurants in Guatemala
- Shopping in Guatemala
- Warnings and Dangers in Guatemala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guatemala
- 30 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Guatemala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guatemala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos