"Cesky Krumlov: second only to Venice" Cesky Krumlov by iwys
Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide: 359 reviews and 1,009 photos
In 1992, UNESCO ranked Cesky Krumlov as second only to Venice in the World Heritage List. It is a picture-perfect, small medieval town.
It was a place I had long wanted to visit, after seeing its beautiful townscapes painted by the Austrian Expressionist artist, Egon Schiele, who lived here in1911. It was his mother's home town, and there is an art gallery devoted to his work.
Cesky Krumlov stands on a bend in the Vltava River, in Southern Bohemia, not far from the Austrian border.
What I liked best about Cesky Krumlov was the beautiful townscape as viewed from the tower. There can be few more... more travel advice
The Gothic town Church of St. Vitus was originally built in the fourteenth century. but it was rebuilt from 1407 to... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FANTASTIC MEDIEVAL CITY OF CESKY KRUMLOV"
- "cesky krumlov bohemia"
- "Breathtaking Unesco World Heritage site!"
- "Southern Bohemia's Fairy Tale Village"
- "Cesky Krumlov 2015: Hidden But Worth the Journey"
- "Cesky Krumlov, the Red Roof Town"
- "Cesky Krumlov: second only to Venice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesky Krumlov
- Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
- Transportation in Cesky Krumlov
- Nightlife in Cesky Krumlov
- Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov
- Shopping in Cesky Krumlov
- Warnings and Dangers in Cesky Krumlov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesky Krumlov
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Cesky Krumlov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesky Krumlov
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos