"Jeju-do: Island of Love and Oranges" Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do by iwys
Jeju-do Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 909 photos
Jeju-do was once listed by Newsweek magazine as one of the world's top ten undiscovered paradises. "do" is the Korean for island, and you will never hear Koreans just say Jeju; they will always say Jeju-do, so best get used to it. Jeju-shi means Jeju city and it is the main city on Jeju-do.
Jeju-do lies 85km south of the Korean mainland, and can be reached by plane or ferry. Jeju-do is actually at the centre of an island group, and the next most important island in the group, and some would say, the most beautiful, is Udo, to the east. Udo, or Cow Island, can be reached by ferry and a visit there is not to be missed.
Jeju-do is 73km long from east to west and 41km from north to south. It is a volcanic island with more than 360 craters and dramatic basalt scenery, including the snow-capped Hallasan, South Korea's highest mountain.
Some describe Jeju-do as Korea's Hawaii and it is also known as the Honeymoon Isle. Such is its legendary status in Korea that if you asked Koreans if they could go anywhere in the world, where would they go, many would choose Jeju-do.
Every Korean feels he should visit Jeju-do at least once in his life and most do for their honeymoon. When I came to Korea, it was the place I most wanted to visit and I am so glad that I did!
In England there is saying that if you are very happy, you are as happy as a pig in ***. If this has some foundation in... more travel advice
Before I went to Jeju-do, I read another VT member, im_jyoung's tip that Jeju soju was the best she had ever had in her... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Jeju-do Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seongsun Sunrise Festival at Cheju"
- "Jeju-do: Island of Love and Oranges"
- "Jeju-do, Island of Stones, Wind, Womans"
- "Paradise on earth!"
- "Cheju - Honeymoon Island"
- "Jeju_the island with endless beaches"
- "Jeju Island - Korea's Pearl"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jeju-do
- Hotels in Jeju-do
- Transportation in Jeju-do
- Nightlife in Jeju-do
- Restaurants in Jeju-do
- Shopping in Jeju-do
- Warnings and Dangers in Jeju-do
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jeju-do
- 26 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Jeju-do?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jeju-do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos