"The Old Capital of England" Winchester by iwys
Winchester Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 390 photos
I will always have fond memories of Winchester as the site of my first travel adventure when, as a ten-year-old boy, I walked 25km here to raise money for charity.
It is a small city with a great history and preceded London as the capital of England.
The font dates from 1150, and is made of black Tournai marble from Belgium. It is one of only ten Tournai fonts in... more travel advice
Saint Swithun was a 9th century Bishop of Winchester, now best known for his place in the popular British weather lore... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Winchester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two English Yanks"
- "WINCHESTER CATHEDRAL - REMEMBER THE SONG?"
- "Ancient capital city of England."
- "History, history and more history."
- "Jane Austen's final resting place"
- "Winchester, the ancient capital of England"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Winchester
- Hotels in Winchester
- Transportation in Winchester
- Nightlife in Winchester
- Restaurants in Winchester
- Shopping in Winchester
- Warnings and Dangers in Winchester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winchester
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Winchester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winchester
Photos in WinchesterSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos