"Taroudannt - the walled city" Taroudannt by iwys
Taroudannt Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 116 photos
Taroudannt is a walled city, which for a brief period, from 1510 to 1530, was the capital of Morocco. Now it is a fairly sleepy town, with a population of just 30,000, but its 6km circuit of massive, mud-brick walls still survive intact as a reminder of its glorious past.
In 1913 the French took control of the city and I found the centre of Taroudannt, around the main square, reminded me a bit of a French provincial town.
Just about everything that can be made out of argan oil is on sale here, including cooking oil, cosmetics and... more travel advice
The Arab Souk, with its narrrow alleyways and traditional crafts, is the most interesting of Taroudannt's souks. more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Taroudannt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taroudannt - the walled city"
- "Taroudant: A Trip To The Past"
- "orange walled town of Taroudannt"
- "Taroudannt, the perle of the south!"
- "Passing through.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taroudannt
- Hotels in Taroudannt
- Transportation in Taroudannt
- Restaurants in Taroudannt
- Shopping in Taroudannt
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Taroudannt
- 11 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Taroudannt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taroudannt
Photos in TaroudanntSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos