"Benghazi" Top 5 Page for this destination Benghazi by iwys
Benghazi Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 327 photos
With a population of more than a million, Benghazi is Libya's second biggest city. During the Italian occupation, it was the country's administrative centre, it has its own international airport and perhaps because of its close proximity to Egypt, Greece and Turkey, it seems even more cosmopolitan than the capital. It is a city where you see Moroccan, Egyptian and Turkish restaurant workers, Chadian and Sudanese street vendors and Italian and Greek tourists everywhere. Benghazi folk themselves are renowned for being friendly and laid back. People from other parts of the country view them as loveable rogues.
Shahd Sweets sells a good variety of very cheap Arab sweets, which are mostly what we in the West would call cakes. For... more travel advice
Mata'am Gharnata is one of the two best Turkish restaurants in Benghazi, It is quite similar to Mata'am Al-Kabeer, with... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Benghazi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of all ..."
- "Benghazi, Libya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Benghazi
- Hotels in Benghazi
- Transportation in Benghazi
- Nightlife in Benghazi
- Restaurants in Benghazi
- Shopping in Benghazi
- Warnings and Dangers in Benghazi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Benghazi
- 24 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Benghazi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Benghazi
Photos in BenghaziSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos