"Damascus" Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus by iwys
Damascus Travel Guide: 821 reviews and 2,203 photos
Damascus disputes with Aleppo the title of being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. Here you can find traces of nearly every major episode in the history of the Middle East. You can follow in the footsteps of St. Paul, see the Roman gates to the city, visit the tombs of Saladin and Hussein, wander around eighteenth century courtyards and even see a one-hundred-year-old steam train.
"No recorded event has occurred in the world but Damascus was in existence to receive news of it.....There was always a Damascus" Mark Twain.
It is believed that the prayer hall of the Umayyad Mosque follows the plan of the pre-exisiting Christian Basilica. It... more travel advice
The Old City is my favourite part of Damascus. I guess it is everyone's. It is fascinating for its history, architecture... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Damascus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fascinating, fabled city"
- "Damascus - دمشق"
- "touching the sky of pleasure"
- "We'll be back to the White Lighthouse...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Damascus
- Hotels in Damascus
- Transportation in Damascus
- Nightlife in Damascus
- Restaurants in Damascus
- Shopping in Damascus
- Warnings and Dangers in Damascus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Damascus
- 46 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Damascus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Damascus
Photos in DamascusSee All Photos (163)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos