"Al Khobar - City of Shops" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Khubar by iwys
Al Khubar Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 114 photos
Al Khobar is a modern coastal city on the Arabian Gulf. It originally developed as the port for Dhahran, but now it has become the major commercial centre for the region. It is full of shopping streets and malls, banks, money exchanges and restaurants.
Al Khobar has the highest percentage of its buildings devoted to shops of any city I have ever been to. They range from tiny street stalls all the way up to ultra-modern, super malls.
Mostly, however, there are countless streets full of small shops .
After shopping, the next most popular activity in Al Khobar is going to restaurants and cafes.
At night the streets are full of expatriate workers from countries as diverse as the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Yemen, hanging around the shops and restaurants. There is not much else for them to do at night as most forms of entertainment, including cinemas, theatres, concert halls, discos, night clubs and bars, are illegal.
Mr. Burger is somewhat inappropriately named because, although it is a fast food restaurant, it actually specializes in... more travel advice
Tamimi Safeway is the best supermarket in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia for wealthy expatriates. It has the... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Al Khubar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Al Khubar 31952, Eastern Province SAUDI ARABIA"
- "Al Khobar - The Saudi ARAMCO City."
- "Al Khobar - City of Shops"
- "Al-Khobar. Whats the deal?"
- "Al khobar"
- "The Eastern City of Leisure. Food and Shopping"
- "My al-Khobar Homepage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Khubar
- Hotels in Al Khubar
- Transportation in Al Khubar
- Nightlife in Al Khubar
- Restaurants in Al Khubar
- Shopping in Al Khubar
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Khubar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Khubar
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Al Khubar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Khubar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos