"Dhahran" Top 5 Page for this destination Dhahran by iwys
Dhahran Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 129 photos
Dhahran is a loose collection of compounds, oil and military facilities in the Eastern Province. It doesn't really have a city centre. Most people go to neighbouring Al Khobar or Dammam to do their shopping.
Dhahran is best known as the home of Aramco, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals and the Air Force base.
Dhahran is never going to become a major tourist centre. Barbed-wire fences, road blocks and sand-bagged machine gun posts remind you of the fact that many people have been killed by terrorists in this area.
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals dominates Dhahran. The campus stands on a 100m-high rocky outcrop, or... more travel advice
Instead of statues, Dhahran has planes on concrete plinths. There is a row of three of them at the old airport, which is... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Dhahran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dhahran.....Our Saudi Arabia Home"
- "Welcome to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia"
- "Dhahran, Saudi Arabia"
- "My Dhahran Homepage"
- "Eastern Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dhahran
- Hotels in Dhahran
- Transportation in Dhahran
- Nightlife in Dhahran
- Restaurants in Dhahran
- Shopping in Dhahran
- Warnings and Dangers in Dhahran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dhahran
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Dhahran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dhahran
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos