"Salalah - My New Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah by iwys
Salalah Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 253 photos
Salalah is Oman's second city. It probably has the most favoured location of any city in the Arabian Peninsula, fronted as it is by palm-fringed, white, sandy beaches, with the green Dhofar Mountains in the background.
From June to September, Salalah is affected by the cloud belt of the Indian monsoon, bringing rain, cool weather and thousands of visitors from neighbouring Gulf countries, especially from the U.A.E., Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. During this season, all hotels and apartments are fully booked. However Salalah is now trying to develop into a major all-year-round seaside resort. Currently there are only two beach resort hotels, the Hilton and the Crowne Plaza, which attract European tour groups, but as part of the ambitious Salalah Beach project, five more hotels will be built, as well as further apartments, a marina and an 18-hole golf course.
This area is known as the Land of Frankincense and it has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The area is steeped in history, and places of interest here include the archaeological sites of Al-Baleed and Sumhuram as well as Job's Tomb. Most visitors, however, are attracted by the beautiful mountains and beaches .
The new Lulu Hypermarket opened in February 2011. It is, by far and away, the best place to do grocery shopping in... more travel advice
Udupi Vegetarian Restaurant is my favourite restaurant in Salalah. The food is delicious and very cheap. There is an... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
Salalah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salalah - My New Home"
- "camels and coconut trees"
- "Salalah the stunning jewel of Oman"
- "Salalah, Oman"
- "Salalah is a PARADISE"
- "Khareef Land"
- "Attraction of Salalah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salalah
- Hotels in Salalah
- Transportation in Salalah
- Nightlife in Salalah
- Restaurants in Salalah
- Shopping in Salalah
- Warnings and Dangers in Salalah
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Salalah
- 31 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Salalah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salalah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos