"The Lost Umayyad City of Aanjar" Top 5 Page for this destination `Anjar by iwys
`Anjar Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 193 photos
The lost Umayyad city of Aaanjar was rediscovered by archaeologists in the 1940s. Without your own vehicle, it is quite difficult to reach, but the hike through the surrounding countryside of the Bekaa valley is quite pleasant.
It really does have the feel of a lost city, and during the two hours I spent wandering around the ruins, I never saw another visitor.
There is a lone column, with a Greco-Roman inscription on it. It used to stand at the entrance of a Byzantine church,... more travel advice
The main residential area, where the ordinary citizens of Aanjar lived, is to the right of the cardo maximus, as you... more travel advice
iwys' Related Pages
`Anjar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Lost Umayyad City of Aanjar"
- "An Umayyid site"
- "The Umayyad City Of Aanjar..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in `Anjar
- Transportation in `Anjar
- Restaurants in `Anjar
- Warnings and Dangers in `Anjar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in `Anjar
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to `Anjar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Anjar
Photos in `AnjarSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos