Baalbeck Off The Beaten Path Tips by iwys Top 5 Page for this destination
Baalbeck Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 8 photos
Baalbek is the administrative centre of the Bekaa Valley. The valley is about 120 km long, with an average width of 16km. This is the most fertile and productive strip of land in Lebanon. The Romans called it the "Breadbasket of the Empire", which helps to explain the ancient city's importance.
40% of Lebanon's arable farmland is here. Wine has been produced here for 6,000 years and there are currently more than a dozen wineries, producing over six million bottles of wine per year, including the famous Chateau Ksara. Other crops include wheat, corn, cotton and cannabis.
More Reviews (11)
iwys' Related Pages
Baalbeck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Roman grandeur"
- "Julia Augusta Felix"
- "City of the Sun and Hezbollah"
- "Baalbek - Heliopolis"
- "BAALBECK - CITY OF THE SUN"
- "The City of the Sun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baalbeck
- Hotels in Baalbeck
- Transportation in Baalbeck
- Nightlife in Baalbeck
- Restaurants in Baalbeck
- Shopping in Baalbeck
- Warnings and Dangers in Baalbeck
- See All...
Explore the World
- Key Largo Hotels
- Coombabah Lake Hotels
- Manado Hotels
- Ras Al Khaimah Hotels
- Salzburg Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Belize Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- New Hampshire Off The Beaten Path
- Florida Keys Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Palm Springs Off The Beaten Path
- Old town details
- Rangoon Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Baalbeck
- 12 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Baalbeck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baalbeck
Photos in BaalbeckSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 95 reviews, 387 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 119 reviews, 295 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 89 reviews, 244 photos
- Malta Intro, 63 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 51 reviews, 202 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tripoli Intro, 56 reviews, 191 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 46 reviews, 163 photos
- Peru Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salalah Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
Latest Baalbeck hotel reviews
- Palmyra Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013